Categories

Saturday 6 December 2014

Weak four (on my part)

This week has been purely about how to use the SDL library and about dividing things into appropriate classes as a foundation of games. That means we have one class for starting everything, one class for drawing everything on the screen, one class for handling states, etc... We learned to handle input from mouse and keyboard, we learned how to make a core loop of clearing screen drawing screen and presenting screen and lastly we larned about states, which was pretty confusing. We (a bunch of students) have planned to go through the code we have got on the lectures and try to explain it line by line for each others until we get it.

I like this week because it has been the first to introduce me to mostly, for me, new material.

This week has been extra slow because of some complementary work in other courses and because of the preparations for the game jam on the weekend.

I could probably have done better somehow.

Next week I'll try to analyse my time better so that I know how to improve.

Now GAME JAM!

No comments:

Post a Comment